Mixing Rates: Nuke Em Advanced (NA)
· Normal Strength spray is 1/2-ounce Nuke Em Advanced® to 1-quart water (2 oz NA/ 1-gallon water).
· Strong Strength is 1 ounce of Nuke Em® to 1-quart of water (4 oz NA/ 1-gallon water).
General Leaf Application Directions:
· Always make sure the plant is well hydrated before applying pesticides. A plant that is dehydrated will bring in the applied pesticide to hydrate itself. This can cause leaves to disfigure. If needed, reduce the EC of the soil to allow the plant to hydrate.
· Use the normal strength mix first, if needed use the next stronger strength.
· For complete control, 3 applications may be needed; each application should be 3 days apart.
· For cuttings and clones, use the normal strength, allow to dry and use Clone Guard to limit wilting.
PRO GROWERS NOTE: For infestations, 3 applications may be done in one 24-hour period. For delicate strains, try it on one plant before applying to the whole crop.
Leaf insect and powdery mildew control:
1. Water growing media, pots and containers to leach fertilizer from the root zone and to add turgor pressure to the plant’s cell structure. No watering is required for field grown plants.
2. Shake the bottle well before diluting into a spray or dip. 55-gallon drums of Nuke Em Advanced should be mixed before pumping into smaller containers
3. If growing indoors, reduce the main lighting before spraying plants.)
4. If growing outdoors, spray on leaves on stems just before sundown, the coolest part of the day or low temperatures under heavy cloud cover.
Root Aphid Control for Soil Growers:
1. Mix up enough Nuke Em Advanced® to saturate the growing medium of one test plant.
2. Use the normal strength of Nuke Em®.
3. Turn lights down and use low supplemental lighting to see. This is best done at the beginning of the light OFF cycle. If possible, spray the leaves with water to fully hydrate the plant and or water the plant well with low EC/TDS runoff to assure maximum hydration occurs.
4. Slowly pour Nuke Em Advanced® into the soil. There is a space or pocket just under the main stem that harbors many Root Aphids and is most likely the main habitat for the colony. Normally in an outdoor environment, this pocket is protected from rain or runoff. This will be a hard area to treat unless you take the time to slowly and carefully pour around the stem where it meets the soil. Work out from there making sure the soil is totally drenched.
5. Nuke Em Advanced® needs to be in contact with the Root Aphids for 15 minutes. Longer contact time is advisable if your plant variety responds well to an extended duration. Before turning lights to full intensity, rinse the growing media well so the plant does not uptake the pesticide for use in photosynthesis.
Pro Growers Note: Tests are currently being done to determine if Nuke Em Advanced® needs to be washed from the soil at all, or what time is the very best contact time for many plants. When we get this data, will let you know. Major university studies will eventually tell us the whole story. Should you decide to try the test of not washing Nuke Em® out of your soil on your own, only try it on one plant before you treat the whole. Let Flying Skull know what you found to be true.
Root Aphid Control for Hydroponic Growers:
· Ebb and Flow, NFT, Aero Tube
o Mix up enough Nuke Em Advanced® to saturate all the growing medium and roots.
o Use the strong strength of Nuke Em Advanced® if your growing medium is soaking wet. If the growing medium is dry or moist use the normal strength.
o Turn lighting down and use low supplemental lighting to see. This is best done when at the beginning of the light OFF cycle.
o Slowly pour Nuke Em Advanced® into the hydroponic growing media. There is a space or pocket just under the main stem that harbors many Root Aphids and is most likely the main habitat for the colony. Normally in an outdoor environment, this pocket is protected from rain or runoff. This will be a hard area to treat unless you take the time to slowly and carefully pour around the stem where it meets the growing media. Work out from there making sure the growing media is totally drenched.
o Nuke Em® needs to be in contact with the Root Aphids for at least 15 minutes. Longer contact times may be desirable if the plant variety can handle it. Always test one plant before testing the entire group. Before the lights turn ON, rinse Nuke Em® from the growing media, roots and hydro system before refilling the tank and turning Lights ON.
Pro Growers Note: Tests are currently being done to determine if Nuke Em Advanced ® needs to be washed from the soil at all, or what time is the very best contact time for many plants. When we get this data, will let you know. Major university studies will eventually tell us the whole story. Should you decide to try the test of not washing Nuke Em Advanced® out of your soil on your own, only try it on one plant before you treat the whole. Let Flying Skull know what you found to be true.
· Deep water culture systems may need a slightly different procedure for treatment.
o Drain the system and let the plants drip free of nutrient.
o Take a clean empty bucket and fill it with diluted Nuke Em Advanced® at standard strength.
o Dip the plant and growing media into it. Submerge long enough for all growing media and roots to be saturated.
o Replace plant back into the hydro system for your 15-minute wait time. Treatment should be done in reduced light.
o Rinse the growing, roots media and hydro system well with water before adding nutrient and turning ON lighting.
After the 15 minute minimum of contact in the root zone, the residual from the main Nuke Em Advanced® application (after being rinsed from the root zone) may be run through the hydroponic system to clear any threat posed to the plants from insects inside the pipes and tubes. Taking the plants out of the system while it is being flushed is advisable should larvae or adult Root Aphid be in the tubes, buckets or tanks. The entire system needs to be flushed before turning ON the main lighting. This procedure will clear dead adult, juvenile and larvae from the hydroponic system.
Some Powdery Mildew will take three applications of the Nuke Em® to fully kill it. We suggest treating all Powdery Mildew the same by making sure that three applications are made.
Maintenance programs for Powdery Mildew: Weekly applications of outdoor plants using a dilution rate of 1/2 ounce Nuke Em Advanced® concentrate to every gallon of water has been found to be successful in controlling most molds like Powdery Mildew. Nuke Em® should be applied immediately after rains or while in periods of water droplets formed on leaves after fog or dew.
Hydroponic System Recommendation: Using Flying Skull s Z7 after the Nuke Em® treatment is advised. Add the Flying Skull Z7 Hydro System Cleanser every 4-5 days and at every tank change.
MODIFIED Application for Russet and Broad Mites:
Nuke Em® has been found effective in treating Broad and Russet mites but now having said that, it is important to realize that these little guys are really tough to kill because you have to completely cover them with spray. You will need three applications of Nuke Em® if you are in infestation stage. they can be on the same day if you let each application dry before you apply the next spray.
DAY ONE: Apply one application at strong strength (reduced lighting), wait until it dries and then spray another application at strong strength, wait for it to dry and then spray another application at strong strength. (Three applications on the same day allowing the plants to completely dry between applications).
DAY THREE: Spray one strong strength application of Nuke Em®.
DAY SIX: Spray one strong strength application of Nuke Em®. Let the Nuke Em® dry.